Tuesday, June 5, 2012

More Email Management Tips

When I open my email on a typical weekday morning, between 30 and 40 new messages blink at me. Just getting through the list can be overwhelming at times. "Why you should ignore email" from CBS MoneyWatch provides some tips on getting through the list without wasting too much time.

Deal with an email only once. Either delete or respond right away. Don't leave it for another day.

Prioritize. Delete what you don't need, respond to what you absolutely have to, and delegate what you can.

Schedule email time. Keep this to no more than once or twice a day. Turn off email in between time.

Avoid using your inbox as a to-do list. This doesn't work and it wastes time. Keep your to-do list separate.

I must admit to being guilty of ignoring some of these rules, but will be trying to implement these tips to more effectively manage my email.

Until next time,

Sarah

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I read your article. I like to use email management systems. Here I get such best tips of email management. Well done.

small business it support london

 
Content Sarah Hamaker
Photo of Sarah, Copyright Donna Hamaker
Site by Eagle Enterprises