Thursday, June 28, 2012

Work-From-Home Job Spotlight: Children’s Party Planner


Each Thursday, I’m highlighting a work-from-home job or business.

Job Description: A children’s party planner plans events for children, including birthday parties and graduation parties.

Education: None necessary.

Skills: The ability to design and execute parties for children.

Job outlook: No hard numbers exist for this work-from-home job, but anecdotal evidence suggests that this is a growing business. With more families having both parents working, outsourcing children’s party planning is becoming more popular, especially in metropolitan areas.

Possible employers: Team up with other children’s businesses, such as cupcake makers and children’s performers to pool marketing resources.

Preparation: Join Party Pixies, the Association of Independent Children’s Party Planners, for networking opportunities.

Get your foot in the door: Ask an event planner of adult parties for advice on how to start your business. Check out what area schools offer in terms of advertising, such as in student directories, at silent auctions, etc.

Until next time,

Sarah

4 comments:

danellekim said...

Making money online is a lot of great fun if you are prepared to put in an amazing amount of work. The key is that you have to be willing to work hard.

work at home jobs

Ashleigh said...

Hey I would love if you spotlighted my unique work from home venture

I have a day job outside the home but found that I needed a second job, that is where my FIVERR gig comes into play. I help people start their family tree, 4 generations back. I have a set schedule and I work very diligently to get a product delivered to my clients before the due date always giving 110%. So if you need extra income, check FIVERR out or if you want your family tree started come on over and check my gig out http://fiverr.com/tn5rr2012

Sarah Hamaker said...

Thanks for leaving a comment! I'm glad you found it helpful.

Stella said...

Nice post.Keep going on
work from home

 
Content Sarah Hamaker
Photo of Sarah, Copyright Donna Hamaker
Site by Eagle Enterprises